Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Spanish Miracle

So as I mentioned, I've taken and finished three out of my four big final exams for this semester.  Wednesday will be my Sistemas de Información de Marketing test with my favorite teacher, Yolanda Yusef.  She really reminds me of my aunts from Mexico in that she's kinda loud and kinda nuts.  Everytime I enter the class, generally early and before all my other classmates, she grabs my face and goes "Ay, Querida".  I still haven't figured out why, but as I was telling my friend D, I believe it is because I'm pretty much the youngest and quietest person in the class.  I have my suspicions that I am actually in a grad class, mainly because everyone in the class is around 23 years old, all my group members for instance, are 24.  She also loves to make me talk about the United States, which is a little different, since none of my other professors have shown much interest in the topic. 

Since the class is mainly focused on Market Research, she made me discuss with the class the concept of "door to door" surveys in the United States.  Obviously I don't actually have much experience with this, but I can say it's plausible that these surveys are more accepted in suburban communities as opposed to city communities.  From there we got into a topic of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Yeah.  Yolanda is pretty nuts but my class was amazed by the Jehovahs.

The other tests, were surprisingly short.  The one I was most worried about was for my Historia Contemporanea de España class, which literally revolves around Franco.  This is easily my most uninteresting class and honestly the one where I had slacked off the most.  I even went as far to not read the book that was assigned.  Although I had studied fervently the history in the week before the test, it was only the night before the test that I opted to finally pick up the book and skim through it.  My eyes landed on the section "Milagro Española".  I quickly read the section, actually finding it interesting, and then proceeded to pass out for the night, knowing that in about 6 short hours, I would have to wake up for the two exams of that day.

As it turns OUT...the Spanish Miracle, which I hadn't even heard about until I'd picked up the book, played a major part of the exam!  I consider this a Spanish miracle in itself.  Although since reading that one section of the book, I might consider actually reading the book, even if it is written in a Pro-Francoism stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment