Tuesday, December 21, 2010

T minus 36 Hours

Yolanda Yusef was crazy scary during our final presentation.  My group and I have been preparing our market research presentation for the past 6 weeks, all leading up to this 45 minute presentation we had to give in front of our class and another class of the same topic.  1. I hate public speaking 2. Public Speaking is harder in a different language 3. Answering sporadic questions throughout our presentation made it even worse. 

Yolanda would stop us during our presentation and ask us questions about the history of the company.  Luckily I knew this part and was able to chime in and adequately and articulately answer her questions.   She would then ask us why we chose both a quantitative and qualitative approach to our research.  I let my other group members handle this question.  Finally she criticized how fast all my group members spoke, where we were looking (i.e. only at her and not at the entire class) and the layouts of our slides.

And then surprisingly, when we managed to finish the presentation she congratulated us and apparently...we had done the best thus far in the class?  Not what it seemed like from where I was standing, but then again she had only pointed out really minor flaws in our presentation whereas the others, she had issues with their actual project, as opposed to the presentation.

I thought I'd add this in so that my mom knows I've actually been doing schoolwork / being stressed out about it.  In twelve and a half hours I'll be taking the final for this Information Systems of Marketing class and from there, I will be packing away my Madrid life into two very full suitcases, having one last rage with my friends and catching a taxi to the airport to HOPEFULLY make it home in time for Christmas, my favorite of all holidays!

Perhaps I'll update from the airports, because apparently I have quite the adventure on my way home.  Madrid to Philadelphia, Philadelphia to LaGuardia and finally LaGuardia to Buffalo International Airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment