Thursday, November 4, 2010

Heading to Paris

So from the 5th through the 8th I will be in Paris, accompanied on another scary RyanAir flight by my good friend Tita, only to meet up with one of my sorority sisters, BK, as we will call her from now on.  For the past two hours I've been looking up directions to and around Paris from the airport we are flying in from (Paris-Beauvais).  The metro map is a little intimidating, especially coming from the five lines of DC and the fact that I generally avoid the Madrid metro (I get lost.  Anyone will tell you.)  Plus I'm more of a "I enjoy taking the bus and being able to see the air, not hobos" type of girl.

I then return on the 8th and leave for London to visit EE, another sorority sister, in London.  Not as intimidated by the London trip as I can speak the language.  For now my french phrases are...

Je sais - "I know" (Although I doubt I'll use this much)
Oui - "Yes"
Non - "No."
S'il vous plait / Merci - "Please/ Thank you" (Thank you Madeline Adventures)
Par les vous Anglais/Espagnole - "Do you speak English/Spanish?"
Je voudrais - "I would like...." (I intend to point to whatever and get what I get.)
Biere - Beer!

Luckily, in the age of technology, I previously downloaded an APP for my iPod touch entitled "Travel Guide" that also has some helpful french phrases as well as maps and reviews.  I'll try to be as low-key American as possible other than that.

So when I'm back in a week, I'll update you on everything.  In the meantime, here's another wonderful pic of Puyol.  I hear my mom's co-workers are big fans. hahahaha ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment